Enrollment Policies and
Early Childhood Policy
Crystal Lake Montessori School welcomes children of all races, nationalities and creeds. We will aim at a balance of ages and sexes in each classroom environment. A preference will be given to children who are currently enrolled, siblings of currently enrolled students and to children transferring from other nationally affiliated Montessori schools. Children applying for our 3-6 year old, Early Childhood classes need to have self-toileting skills. Children applying for our 2 year old, Toddler classes do not need to have self-toileting skills.
Elementary Enrollment and Bond Policy
All students enrolling in the Elementary Program from outside CLMS need to go through an enrollment procedure that includes:
- A parent visit and tour
- A questionnaire to be filled out by current teachers
- A CLMS classroom visit for 3 – 5 days during the school year
- Attend our one-week summer orientation/transition class offered in August.
To reserve a space in our Elementary Program, parents need to place a $1000 bond per elementary student. A bond may be posted at any time to reserve a place in current and future year groups. We will be limiting the number of children in any single year group on a first come basis. This bond will remain on deposit with CLMS throughout your child’s attendance in our Elementary and Middle School Programs. This bond is subject to the following conditions:
- The bond will accrue no interest for the parents/legal guardians/parties responsible for school tuition amounts.
- The bond will be refunded if the School is notified in writing between January 15 and May 1 of the school year prior to the school year your child will not be returning. Your bond will be forfeited if your child is withdrawn from CLMS during an elementary or middle school year.
- The bond will be refunded if a student withdraws during any school year when the full year’s tuition contract obligations are fulfilled.
- Crystal Lake Montessori School reserves the right to deduct any unpaid or unsatisfied amounts owed by the parents/legal guardians/parties responsible for the school tuition amounts to CLMS from the Elementary Bond prior to refunding any amount.
- If your child is a graduate of CLMS Middle School Program, you may request a refund of the bond, in writing, no later than one year after your child’s graduation date.
Middle School Enrollment Policy
This is a very dynamic and exciting part of the Montessori curriculum. It is the culmination of a trip from birth into adolescence. A trip that you and your child will want to be a part of. However, due to the nature of the Montessori Middle School curriculum, we are unable to enroll students into this part of our program if they have not attended at least Upper Elementary Montessori and preferably have more years of Montessori experience. Because the curriculum is set up on a two-year cycle, we ask for a two-year commitment that includes seventh and eighth grade. We require an annual deposit of $1000 to be paid by May 1st and is nonrefundable. This deposit amount will be deducted from your annual tuition amount and is necessary because of many trip fees, deposits and contracts that need to be finalized during the summer months prior to the school year. If it becomes necessary to limit enrollment in Middle School, it will be decided by the order that enrollment and deposits were received.